Print On Demand refers to the printer’s ability to produce any document on an “as needed” basis. You order only the quantity of books you require as you need them. Again, being able to print in Short Runs on Digital equipment makes this possible.
Just about anyone looking to order books can benefit from Short Run Printing / Print On Demand. Below are the primary benefits…
1) Less Money tied up. Since you order a small quantity of books instead of a whole skid, you don’t have to invest much money. And you turn your inventory faster.
2) Less Waste. Because you are ordering in smaller increments, you reduce the chance of being stuck with obsolete or out-of-date books if the content changes more rapidly than anticipated.
3) Less Risk. You have the flexibility to make frequent changes to the content or design of your book. This is great for book projects because it allows for test marketing and relatively quick adjustments.
4) Less Storage Space. Books can take up a lot of room so the less you order at one time, the less room you’ll need to store them. This reduces handling costs too.
5) Faster turnaround. You can have books in your hands quicker because a shorter run takes less time to produce. Also, there is less set-up time with digital printing.
If you would like to learn more about the many benefits of Short Run Printing / Print On Demand, just let us know. We’d be happy to advise and assist with your next project.